Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Vain musings

After experiencing a massive attack of brain freeze while pondering topics (too many) for today’s blog, I decided to do one similar to “Taking Shots” from two weeks ago. The reason for this title, Vain Musings, is that the President used the personal pronoun at least 36 times during his Tuesday evening address from West Point, so I (that’s two) thought that I (3) would try to match him.


Sane Musings:

Doesn’t it seem as if there are too many balls up in the air for us to have favorable outcomes? The economy, unemployment, erosion of manufacturing, shaky financial sector, falling home values, exploding national debt (long term), huge personal debt, massive deficits (annual), unfunded future liabilities, the baby boomers reaching retirement with escalating healthcare costs, health care (overblown in my view), energy dependence, water needs and shortages, tax-crazy politicians, lousy television (257 channels and nothin’ on), inflation/deflation, buy gold/buy land. My head hurts just doing this partial list.

Tiger Woods is a fool. Sorry, I (4) had to say that. People sometimes believe that if they had talent and money, they would have no problems. Original sin infects us all.

Government employment is currently the only sector with growth.

Dogs are cool. Good dogs are irreplaceable. This could work for spouses also…sometimes.


Insane Musings:

Do the people who buy tabloids and read them…vote? Who are Jon and Kate?

Did Charlie Weis have a “decided schematic advantage” for cleaning out his office?

If vegans convince everyone to not eat meat because animal flatulence “causes” global warming, what will be the primary source of protein?...beans…hmmmmm.

If I (5) were an Islamic terrorist, I (6) would think that Las Vegas, New Orleans and San Francisco would be logical targets based on teachings of the Quran.

Do monkeys think that Darwin was nuts? Has the apocryphal monkey typed out “War and Peace” yet? Is he still trying?

Why do we applaud for old people at events? I (7) mean, O.K., she’s 91 and made it to the event, so why applaud? Is that an illustration that “showing up” is good enough?


Inane Musings:

Do people who believe that “you can have your cake and eat it, too” become thieves and con artists?

Home is where the heart is unless…you’re Tiger Woods, John Edwards or Mark Sanford.

I (7) like hammers…not too many parts.

My plastic flowers died. Gonna’ get silk ones next year.

I (8) understand that pain and suffering are inevitable, but do they have to hurt?

Why do I (9) feel compelled to engage in frequent unintentional attempts at self mutilation in my woodworking shop?

Why do I get those crazy pop ups on one the sites I (11) visit? It boldly proclaims that I (12) can meet sexy singles. Yeah right, I’m (13) not Tiger Woods or Brad Pitt. I’m (14) more like Wally Cox or Richard Simmons.

Why don’t I (15) end this frivolous exercise while I (16) can? So, I’ll (17) stammer my way out of here…IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (18-37). There…more egomaniacal than he.

1 comment: