Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowy rhythm

Here I sit with a grimace and a frown


Watching the snowflakes as they fall down

Can I do what must be done?

Or shall I wait for some heat and sun?



Cabin fever can be dangerous they say

As I write these words on this melancholy day.

But I take heart that I’m not alone

I connect with friends by net and phone.



Time crawls on and the goal gets nearer

Working patriots make the objectives clearer

We will prevail come Hell or high water

As the heat on the Duopoly becomes much hotter.



So, come on Snow, do your thing

Victory for Ohio will rule as king.

The charlatans who steal our liberty

Will go down to defeat…ignominiously.



The weather reminds me of what it takes

To overcome those political flakes

Freedom thinkers can win…if you get my drift

And restore our state and nation and heal the rift



The chasm between the politicos and the land

Has grown too large, too out of hand.

From the grassroots comes the shout

Reclaim our nation, and drive the Nannies out.



We must not let this opportunity wither

We should forward…no pause nor dither,

Seize the moment and rebuild our state

Never give up and control her fate.



Charlie Earl

Poet Emeritus, Pontoon Swamp, Ohio

02/09/2010

PS: I do not plan on giving up my day job.
 
Comment or email:  cnpearl@woh.rr.com

1 comment:

  1. Charlie,
    We can always count on you to be creative! Love it!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete