Friday, April 1, 2011

Heads or Tails: redux


It’s time to pick a topic
For “Littlestuff” today
Too many to choose from
So much I want to say.


My favored two take a look
at attitudes and thought.
Just a little philosophical
‘bout answers that I’ve sought.


One way for me to carry on
is to view the growing mind.
The “seat of the pants” path
to knowing is another kind.


Knowledge and instinct
are vying for my attention.
Which one offers a better path
for catastrophe prevention?



So, shall it be mind or seat?
The answer cannot fail.
My mind and instinct have combined
To flip for head or tail.


Should I write a pithy piece
About our current bubble,
Or should I write of our history
And how we’re now in trouble?


Address the nation’s economy,
And how it’s gone to pot?
Or moan about the politicians
Who are such a sorry lot.


Our federal energy policy
Is based on stuff renewed.
It is not yet truly feasible
So  people are getting screwed.



The bureaucrats are stopping
The search for oil and gas.
Raising costs for consumers
while being a pain in the ____.


What is big government
But misery and grief.
The Tea Parties have united
To win us some relief.

If they should falter
While Big Brother grows bigger.
I’ll have to seek another route
For securing liberty, I figger.


I may fight for my freedom
‘till they put me in jail.
But even if they do it,
My faith will be my bail.




Government has grown too big.
It’s now much too large.
Keeps growing automatically,
With no one who’s in charge.


I’ve found a worthy topic
To write about today.
It’s our loss of liberty,
and our nation gone astray.


It truly saddens me
To ponder on this thought:
The people have failed themselves.
See what we have wrought.


Maybe there’s still hope,
A flicker or a glimmer,
But the longer time goes on,
It’s becoming oh so slimmer.



The fight cannot stop,
Freedom must prevail.
We must not drop the ball today.
We simply must not fail.

















No comments:

Post a Comment